北美华人新生活

保帮家电维修李师傅

心理热线

新客户展示位
更多广告请点击
中文黄页

有您的支持
我们会做得更好
Justin Trudeau tosses the hat in the ring and runs up the middle 10月2日星期二, Justin Trudeau tossed his hat in the ring and bid to become Liberal leader 小杜鲁多贾斯廷发表参选自由党党领的演辞时,只有一次轻轻带过己故父亲杜鲁多的名字,全力集中自己如何以另一位总理的身份,为国家效力:
( J- S4 w: i0 |7 ~6 U) ]2 D) @2 U; E1 H1 C
On Tuesday, speaking to an adoring crowd of about 450 people, Justin mentioned his father just once in passing, concentrating instead on outlining what a second Prime Minister Trudeau could do for Canada。 ! P3 i% a. J2 h# f  q2 J

: G+ f" d8 f/ m' ?0 {+ a, b: u/ z: m+ ^+ X+ w
贾斯廷希望带领自由党服务全国,不靠父荫,不靠显赫的杜鲁多姓氏,所以,他刻意只在文宣中,单单用上自己Justin 的名字。他似乎有意走出己故父亲的身影,只靠当地选民的爱戴,自己的努力 ,从民意代表国会议员的身份和政绩,更上一层楼。 He tried to play down his image as the “star” candidate in the Liberal contest。He sought to establish his credentials as more than just a pretty face.

# I8 h$ \- e4 M3 O9 w9 l
明星效应有多大?见人见智。
9 I( b3 o$ k7 ?# w% T: qGlobe and Mail《环球邮报》专栏作家Jeffrey Simpson认为 :The Justin of Tuesday’s announcement carries a name – a very famous name. And he’s very handsome样貌俊俏 and possessed of a personal charm个人魅力 that, in an age besotted by celebrity在迷上名气的年代,保证他吸引大众目光, guaranteed him attention that would certainly have been denied almost anyone else。但《邮报》作者同时指出明星魅力之外,政客成功上位,还要靠本身的实力和拼劲才成 : Star power, yes, but what does he stand for? He has surprised many, starting with winning a difficult seat. But he’ll need much more to succeed at the higher level of political combat。我们要客观公平评估他自己本人,而不是他父亲的成败得失:It would be grossly unfair to hang his father’s accomplishments and failures on his shoulders。( `# W' H9 s0 Q! O' ?3 X7 }
但是,名气对竞选的重要性,不容置疑: Forum Research poll last week found that Trudeau would win the next election。. m& r- e7 ~) Y. O$ n
National Post《国家邮报》认为单靠如雷贯耳的名气,未必赢得选举,但至少选民对候选人的认知和喜爱大有帮助:Trudeau-mania doesn’t mean much, and it certainly doesn’t mean he will win the next election, but it does mean that people know who he is and like him,但作者跟着说:Trudeau ought to win easily because he has such amazing name recognition。他又根据民意调查所得,子凭父贵,的确存在: While Mr. Trudeau tries to define himself as more than just his father’s son, many supporters identify the elder Trudeau as a reason for backing the 2012 edition。
  u, A: O6 U& Q' q( w不过,赢得这次党领选举,跟自由党可以赢得下一次,甚至再下一次的联邦大选是两码子事。
0 S' K! }5 _9 r7 Z) W自由党今非昔比,从前顺理成的执政大党,今天己沦为国会只有34个议席的第3小党,力挽狂澜于既倒,谈何容易!Once considered Canada’s “natural governing party,” the Liberals captured just 19% of the vote and 34 seats, falling to third place for the first time in their history, behind the Official Opposition New Democratic Party。 贾斯廷说:我爱满地可,我爱魁北克 ,我热爱加拿大。我爱这个国家,我希望委以自己的生命,为国家效劳: * c3 B/ x& d# [$ A3 d
“I love Montreal. I love Quebec. And I am in love with Canada。I love this country, and I want to spend my life serving it.”   u# k& L! ~9 a# I+ h9 Z, E
* g- W/ ]2 e8 V

4 L2 n* U! `8 H2 I: G8 {8 @3 Q小杜鲁多从政之前,虽然没有老爹杜鲁多公众知识分子的身价和名气,但也有自己一套主张和从政重点。他当晚演辞主题,重点放在中产阶层、自由、国家团结,但未有详细勾划治国纲领,也较少涉及重要的经济议题。; j  v7 f- Y4 {) f7 d5 i: z
他答应加拿大国民建设国家,而不是重建:a movement that seeks to build, not rebuild。 ' c* Z. A& @+ A9 ?) p7 ?
Globe and Mail《环球邮报》开门见山大字标题报导:Trudeau runs the middle,替贾斯廷这次liberal leadership竞选自由党领袖定位,聚焦中产阶层:Justin Trudeau doesn’t offer concrete answers to the questions facing Canada in his launching campaign, but vows to support the middle class。 小杜鲁多虽然强调全民保健、多元文化、人权宪章等都是自由党的宝贵资产,对加拿大有很大的贡献:He cited Medicare, Multiculturalism and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms as important Liberal contributions to Canada,但他劝勉自由党人不应缅怀过去,而要积极创造将来:he said his leadership is about the future and he would ensure the party does not dwell in the past。 他认为自由党是时候写上新的一章:“The time has come to write a new chapter in the history of the Liberal party。” 8 [0 j) g/ ^+ R
/ i/ J- S4 A! F2 A6 ~& l, B
他演辞左右开弓,强力批评执政保守党,经常泡制事实,为政策辩解。He lashed out at the governing Conservatives and Prime Minister Stephen Harper of “inventing the facts to justify the policies。” ' i& _0 J, b) e( X& L6 H. w
他又认为新民主党,凡事由意识形态出发的态度,不可取, accusing the New Democrats of being driven by ideology ,党领唐民凯对国家的看法,完全错误,NDP leader Thomas Mulcair is “dead wrong about this country.”
9 C+ ]+ o7 R  `+ x* J
: h* R7 p7 j7 i' }, `
5 I$ `! e' }$ R. g' |* u贾斯廷 答应选民,他欢迎左右两派提出问题的解决方案。 ( [9 P2 i& p# W
言下之意,他争取国家中间选民和想法中道的支持者:He promised he would welcome proposed solutions from the left and from the right。 他希望赢回离自由党而去的年青选民 :I believe that I can bring new forces to bear on old problems, I can convince a new generation of Canadians that their country needs them 。他希望抓着和扩大自由党命脉所系的中产阶层:He tried to reach out to young Canadians and middle-class voters who have turned away from the Liberals。
2 i3 _9 f/ ]; m' F纵览各方舆论的初步评价,Justin Trudeau的强项是自由党的加国价值观,弱点是末有足够具体的建议 ;梦想多,方案少:strong on values, short on specifics; values, dreams, but few solutions。
密西沙加中文黄页
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|加拿大密西沙加华人网

GMT-4, 2024-9-22 00:45